Wednesday, November 3, 2010

9 Weeks After First Surgery - 1 Month After the Second

I got the stitches out of my left foot today. It was the second foot to be operated on, but healed significantly more quickly than my right foot.  I'm officially free of all ankle braces and for the past 2 days have been walking around on my new feet! I'm actually about 1/2 an inch taller now since my sinus tarsi isn't collapsing anymore. I also had to get new sneakers as my old ones were worn out from my prior flat feet and didn't fit well anymore.  After doing research and trying different sneakers, I got a pair of New Balance 993 as my new sneakers. I've always been a Nike guy, but New Balance are supposed to be the best built and designed to eliminate pronation and provide stability. I did get a pair of cushioned Nike Lunarfly sneakers as a back-up as well. Following my surgeries, sneakers with superior cushioning and stability seem to be the most comfortable.  My feet get soar and hurt if I walk too much, but it's not the same lower-back, knee, and arch pain I chronically had before the surgery.  Now it's a soarness around the outside of the foot as my feet are still adjusting to their new corrected position. Now that I'm distributing weight on my feet correctly, I'm getting knots in the shin and foot muscles that I'm using for the first time, but my feet are adjusting and the pain is less everyday. I also get dull aches in my ankles as the weather gets colder or more humid, but Dr. Kass said that will dissipate and is common. The Hypocure website says they've never had a reported case of the stent popping out after 4 weeks post-op.  I'm over 4 weeks post-op on both feet, so it seems I've made it through both surgeries without complications!  Woo hoo!

2 comments: